If you've just experienced the magic of Sarah Ruhl's PASSION PLAY, you must have questions, emotions, concerns, moments and other thoughts about it, and we want to hear them all. Here's a place for you to continue the conversation you had on your way out the door, tell us what resonates with you, and see what other people are sharing about their experience with PASSION PLAY.
We welcome positive and critical responses, so let's follow the guidance of a wise fellow blogger and only say things you'd feel comfortable saying face to face. And we'd love to know who you are, so include your name if you're comfortable!
Some questions to get you started (feel free to answer one, some, all, or make up your own):
- What moment or image from the play still resonates with you?
- When have you lost faith in something you strongly believed in, and how did you respond to that loss?
- What role does art play in your faith or religious practices?
- Which character(s) did you relate to most, and how so? Did you resent any of the characters at some point? Why?
- Have you ever felt that an institution or government tried to change your beliefs to fit its agenda?
- How did the physical space of Irondale Center impact your experience of PASSION PLAY?
- If you stayed for the talk-back, what did you learn more about? What did you want to say but didn't have the chance to express?
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and continuing the dialogue - if you haven't seen the play yet, there's still time! Purchase tickets here.
Tue, May 18, 2010
by Jill Seplowitz filed under